CAR KEYS WITH REMOTE LOCKING FACILITIES
Many modern car keys come with an integral remote to allow the car to be opened and locked from a distance. There is a circuit board powered by a battery inside the key that sends a signal to a receiver on the car. Once the signal has been activated by pressing a button on the key, the car will open or lock. Most types of remote keys also have a transponder chip inside them which is responsible for deactivating the immobiliser system on the car, allowing the engine to fire. We can cut the metal blade and program the remote and transponder chip to the vehicle so that you have a fully working new key. On average we are between 30% and 40% less expensive than having your vehicle main dealer do the job for you - and we are much quicker too.
TYPES OF CAR KEYS WITH REMOTE LOCKING:
1. Genuine Remote Keys
These are exactly the same products as you would buy from your vehicle main dealer but at a much lower price. We can cut and program 85% of this type of key and carry the largest stocks in the area.
2. Aftermarket Remote Keys
Aftermarket remote keys are not made by the car manufacturer but instead developed by third party companies. These remotes are assembled by us, then programmed to your vehicle as normal. They are less expensive than genuine remotes, are excellent quality and come with a twelve month guarantee.
3. Proximity Keys with Keyless Entry
Recent developments have seen the introduction of Keyless Entry and Proximity Stop Start car keys. The vehicle owner leaves their key in their pocket and starts the car by pressing a button on the dash. We cover 85% of proximity car keys including programming and, of course, cutting the emergency key.
HOW WE MAKE CAR KEYS WITH REMOTE LOCKING
We can make remote keys from a copy of the key with the vehicle concerned
• The metal key blade is decoded and cut from a pattern key that you bring into us on a CNC machine for unrivalled accuracy
• It can also be cut from a valid key number using database software
• Alternatively it can be made from a vehicle lock that you bring into us
• The remote and transponder is then programmed into your specific vehicle
WHAT IS IN MY KEY?
There are five main components that make up modern car keys with an integral remote:
1. A key blade to allow you to turn a physical key in your car’s locks.
2. A plastic case to hold all the parts together and protect them.
3. A transponder chip to de-activate the vehicle’s immobiliser system.
4. A circuit board to allow you to unlock and lock your car from a distance.
5. A battery to power the remote unlocking and locking features.
HOW DO I ARRANGE TO HAVE THIS DONE?
• Call us on 01202 465 055 to arrange an appointment at our workshop
• Alternatively, we can come to your vehicle in all BH postcode areas, just give us a call.
• If you would like a quote first, please call us on 01202 465 055 or, if you prefer, send us an enquiry using the form on our CONTACT PAGE