WHAT IS A TRANSPONDER KEY?
Car keys have developed considerably over the last twenty years or so. Nearly all vehicles sold in the UK since 1995 have sophisticated immobiliser systems to prevent ‘hot wiring’ a car and possible theft. The keys for these vehicles are fitted with a computer chip called a transponder. This chip communicates with the car and allows the ignition to fire. If it is not present the vehicle will not start. We have a range of advanced equipment that allows us to program transponder chips to 90% of vehicles.
TYPES OF TRANSPONDER KEY:
1. Fixed blade transponder keys
The most common type of transponder key has a fixed blade, a plastic head to facilitate turning and the chip itself inside the plastic head. We can cut and program 90% of this type of key.
2. Flip blade transponder keys
The Italian company Silca have developed a chic, high quality flip-out version of a transponder key which is neater than conventional fixed blade keys. We stock all types and can again cut and program these keys for 90% of vehicles.
3. Vehicle keys with a remote opening device
Most vehicles today have a key that allows you to open and lock the car from a distance and set the alarm on the car if there is one fitted. We stock the largest range of both genuine and aftermarket vehicle remotes in the area. We cut the key blade and then program the transponder and the remote for 85% of vehicles. For further details please see our Vehicle Remotes page.
HOW WE MAKE TRANSPONDER KEYS
We can make vehicle transponder keys from a copy of the key with the vehicle concerned
• The metal key is decoded and cut from a pattern key that you bring into us on a CNC machine for unrivalled accuracy
• It can also be cut from a valid key number using database software
• Alternatively it can be made from a vehicle lock that you bring into us
• The transponder chip is then cloned or programmed into your specific vehicle
HOW DO I ARRANGE TO HAVE THIS DONE?
• Call us on 01202 465 055 to arrange an appointment at our workshop
• Alternatively, we can come to your vehicle in all BH postcode areas, just give us a call.
• If you would like a quote first, please call us on 01202 465 055 or, if you prefer, send us an enquiry using the form on our CONTACT PAGE